The behavior of my blue tongue

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Cassbaby933
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

The behavior of my blue tongue

Postby Cassbaby933 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:48 am

Hi,
Please read to the end.

I found an injuried wild blue tongue skink about a month ago and I'm rehabilitating the blue tongue skink and helping get back to full health. The skink has sustained injuries to it's head and back. At this stage, it has lost moved in it back legs as well as in it tail. But over the past month, the tail is getting more responsive and the legs are gaining movement.

I am currently keeping blue tongue skink permanently unless a full recovery is achieved otherwise it would die back in the wild.

The blue tongue skinks injuries are healing extremely well. (According the vet). And there is no mits and no Neuro, and no respiratory issues. However, the vet didn't sex as didn't want to put the skink into distress with the injuries.

Tonight, my neighbour came over with her blue tongue (which is male) and we observed my blue tongue behavouring quiet strangely. It was shaking the head back and forth while showing the tongue.

I've tired googling this but nothing has come up. My partner and I and my neighbour are familiar with blue tongue and other reptiles. But we haven't seen this behaviour before.

Any advice and help is welcome.
splashy07

Re: The behavior of my blue tongue

Postby splashy07 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:01 am

First of all, best of luck with the rehabilitation, you are a saint in my eyes to do so. That is common male/male behavior. Most often, adult males do not like the presence of another male, even if it is not breeding season.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”