G'day from Australia.. brand new BTS owner!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Skeks
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

G'day from Australia.. brand new BTS owner!

Postby Skeks » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Ky and this is the absolute love of my life, Skesis ('Skeks' for short). He's an Eastern (I believe!) Not quite sure how old he is, I forgot to ask. Would love some help figuring it out if possible. I've always wanted to own a bluey but never had the room, so this really is a childhood dream come true.
I have read through the care sheet and FAQ, which has a wealth of information. Just one quick question, what's the easiest way to tell y skink is happy? I just want him to be happy and healthy.

Can't wait to say hello and meet all of you, this sees like a great community
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: G'day from Australia.. brand new BTS owner!

Postby splashy07 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 am

Welcome! Show us a picture of your new love! Easterns are absolutely awesome, I've got 8 of them myself! As far as being able to tell if he's happy, being that they don't jump up and down and express emotion, just observe. If he's eating, basking, exploring and just doing what skinks do I'd say he was content. Experiment with treats and see what he likes best. This is the fun part, getting to know your new friend. Never gets old. Congratulations !
Skeks
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Skeks » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Not sure why the photo didn't upload, might have been the 3mb limit. Hopefully this one uploads! Thanks heaps for the advice and kind words :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Nice looking skink.

Can you put him on the kitchen scales and tell us how much he weighs, and get hole of a tailor's tape measure and try to get his nose to vent length and his nose to tip of tail length , this will help us guess his approx. age.
He looks like a juvenile ( maybe several months old to me ), I'd give the breeder a call and ask when his birthday was, he'll have a record of when he was born.
It's important to know as his dietary needs are very strongly dependent on how old he is.

A happy skink is one who has a nice tank with nice deep loose bedding to fossick and tunnel through , a nice warm basking rock , fresh water available to drink , and plenty of food .

If he's behaving in a skinky manner and is not forever hiding or trying to get away from you when he sees you or you try to pick him up for a snuggle and some daddy quality time or to have some fun floor time, he's happy , content and relaxed .
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Welcome to the forum!!!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”