Dry fry or boil mince beef

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Suzle87
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Dry fry or boil mince beef

Postby Suzle87 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:38 am

Doing ven a batch of food tonight - mix of dog food. Mince beef and mucho veg and butternut squash. Just wondered how you guys cook the mince for your BTs’?
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop

Re: Dry fry or boil mince beef

Postby Alioop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:24 am

I've done ground beef and liver in the frying pan, and boiled chicken breast. Mostly though, I just fed canned dog food, so much simpler!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
Suzle87
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Suzle87 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:14 am

Alioop wrote:I've done ground beef and liver in the frying pan, and boiled chicken breast. Mostly though, I just fed canned dog food, so much simpler!

Sorry I forgot to get back to you on this! Thanks for your reply. So do you mix veg in with the dog food or just get one with veg in it? Also do you add calcium to dog food? I tend to mix dog food into the big batches I do but to just have straight forward dog food for him would save me hours.
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop

Postby Alioop » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Sometimes I get dog food with veggies in it. Sometimes I also add my own veggies or fruit to that, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I get the dog food with just meat and add greens or veggies to that.
I almost always mix in calcium and D3, sometimes a multivitamin too.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
Janella
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 pm

I premake batches of my skinks food. I rotate protein sources (dog food, snails, ground turkey-raw I don't cook mine, chicken hearts and gizzards-again raw, egg etc). Then I mix in dark leafy greens (collard, mustard, turnip, dandelion, etc), squash (butternut, acorn, yellow), carrot, green beans, cactus pads, zucchini, sometimes pepper. Finally mix in a fruit source. I always do 50% protein, 40% veggies, and 10% fruit source. I food processor all my veggies and fruits and protein. Once all mixed together I place in ice cube trays and then freeze. I take one cube size per skink. As for the dog food, I use a well balanced diet. Most do have veggies in them also. I also know some people just feed a well balanced dog food just by itself. Hope that helps!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”