Freeze Dried Food?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Cyberlizard
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Freeze Dried Food?

Postby Cyberlizard » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:03 pm

For the past year or so I have been feeding my northern blue tongue skink reptilinks as her main staple diet, along with the occasional bluey buffet, fresh veggies, fruit, and eggs. And while I think she is doing great on the reptilinks I am thinking about finding a more affordable food source. She isnt a picky eater at all and will eat normal canned dog food, but I was wondering what you guys think about this freeze dried food I found.

https://www.chewy.com/real-meat-company ... /dp/110463

Does it sound like something that would be okay to use as her protein staple, with various veggies/fruit mixed in? Thanks for the advice!
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Freeze Dried Food?

Postby mb606587 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Solid choice with ingredients but IMO still not super cost effective. I buy Open Nature brand canned food at 5 for $5 at my local grocery store. Each can feeds 7 skinks per week with some left over.
shimaza1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Freeze Dried Food?

Postby shimaza1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:43 pm

I've tried Primal Nuggets with my boy, and he really seems to like it. True, it's not at all cost effective, but he only eats one nugget/feeding, so I use it to add variety.

Here's the link in case you're interested: http://www.chewy.com/primal-chicken-formula-nuggets-grain/dp/43376

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”