New Blue Tongue Skink! What’s is this morph? How does my enclosure look?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
NatashaHodnett
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

New Blue Tongue Skink! What’s is this morph? How does my enclosure look?

Postby NatashaHodnett » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:59 pm

Hey all! So I’m going to be purchasing a bluey from a breeder later this week! I’ve chosen one that I’ve absolutely fallen in love with, it had a piece of it’s tail bitten off as a baby so it’s tail is a little wonky but it doesn’t bother me! I want to just get a general opinion on what people think the morph/species is of this little guy! The breeder seems reliable as far as I can tell but I just want to be sure :) The skink is supposedly a normal northern blue tongue.

Secondly I’m curios If there is anything I should do to my enclosure, it will be my first blue tongue but I’ve done a ton of research. It’s a 4x2 ft enclosure with a 100w ceramic heat emitter bulb and a uvb bulb (I'm aware the compact bulbs aren’t great and will likely get a T5 bulb in the near future). There are a couple of slate rocks, plants, and a hide, as well as some driftwood. I will also be getting a screen top for the enclosure in a couple of days! I’m just curious if everything looks okay?

Thanks in advance! I apologize if I posted this incorrectly I am brand new to the forum :)
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: New Blue Tongue Skink! What’s is this morph? How does my enclosure look?

Postby mb606587 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:01 am

You did not post any pictures but I'm assuming you are purchasing the skink James Wilson just listed? If so, I would take anything he says as truth. He has been one of the best for many years. If he says it's a classic Northern, it's a classic Northern. As for your enclosure, make sure the temperatures are appropriate before you receive your new skink. Use a good substrate, enough that your skink can burrow into. Avoid using aspen.
NatashaHodnett
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby NatashaHodnett » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Oops I guess it didn’t post properly?? It’s actually from don Patterson reptiles of Ontario!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NatashaHodnett
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby NatashaHodnett » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Here’s a picture of the tail and enclosure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

Beautiful skink. Appears to be what is referred as a caramel.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”