Page 1 of 1

My Blue Tongue's Weird Tail

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:24 am
by Katnipify
So just over a year a go I got my first reptile, my blue tongue Rasputin.
He always looked strange to me (that's why i picked him) and it wasn't till a few month's ago that I was able to pin point why, his tail is unusually short. At first I thought it might of been that he had dropped his tail at some point before I adopted him, but looking at photos his tail hasn't grown any longer than it was when I first got him.

So I'm curious I any of you guy's have any information on if it's some sort of congenital defect, an improperly regrown tail or if he's just deformed.

Image

Re: My Blue Tongue's Weird Tail

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:04 am
by splashy07
When a BTS loses its tail due to an injury it never grows back to the original length and structure. This is a regrowth from a dropped tail. Kind of gives him character, I think!

Re: My Blue Tongue's Weird Tail

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:20 pm
by Janella
Agreed, at some point the tail dropped. I think it makes him cute.

Re: My Blue Tongue's Weird Tail

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:22 am
by Katnipify
splashy07 wrote:When a BTS loses its tail due to an injury it never grows back to the original length and structure. This is a regrowth from a dropped tail. Kind of gives him character, I think!



Thank you I appreciate the info, It's nice to know what's up with his tail and that apparently other people like the look of the dopey bugger.