Water tipping

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Water tipping

Postby mb606587 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:54 am

Suzle87 wrote:
Yeh il definitely go with one of these ideas, I’d love to glue it, but I’m a bit concerned at how easy this would be to empty out and refill daily, would it not be a bit too heavy and cumbersome if I glued it all together? He really is a nightmare when it comes to his water bowl lately, it’s bizarre.

Adding a concrete paver would add significant weight but building a wooden base from blocks and thin plywood wouldn't make a tremendous difference in my opinion. It's really going to come down to how large the opening to your enclosure is. If front opening and the dimensions of the bowl and stand are such that it could be pulled through with ease, then it would be fairly simple. I've had enclosures in the past where you had to twist and turn certain things to fit it in and out and that can be cumbersome.
Suzle87
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Suzle87 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:35 am

touch wood I think we have defeated him and his rogueish ways.
I have place a stack of tiles with no substrate under so they are literally on the viv floor so he can’t dig under, then I have put a very large rock by the side of the water bowl to prevent him being able to nudge it around. 3 days in and he’s not managed to find a way of moving it yet and believe me he’s tried!!
Janella
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Wed May 29, 2019 9:17 am

Well good. I am glad it worked out.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”