Page 1 of 2

Birth Announcement!

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:46 pm
by splashy07
Cheyenne and Coral would like to announce the arrival of four new babies, expected more but these are pretty good size for Easterns! They were eating when less than 24 hours old. Born around mid day April 9. Now waiting on Coral's sister, Shannon, who is quite a bit bigger and is due any day!
Very short gestation in comparison to Northerns, and the girls ate like pigs till almost the end of term, also unlike my Northerns who practically stop eating the moment of conception.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm
by Suzle87
Congratulations!!!!! :thumbs:
Absolutely stunning little rascals!
All the best to them, there parents and the other expectant parents!! Keep us posted!!

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm
by mb606587
:clap2: :lovestruck:

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:25 pm
by Janella
Omg, they are adorable! Congratulations

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 am
by splashy07
Thanks all, I will be a nervous wreck until her sister lets loose!

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:18 am
by Coleyfgreene
:ohyes: woop woop! They're adorable!!

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:20 am
by Suzle87
splashy07 wrote:Thanks all, I will be a nervous wreck until her sister lets loose!

You should hook up some kind of live webcam so we can all keep an eye on her! One of my grand plans is a skink can But easier said than done I think. Anyways pictures pictures please! X

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:58 am
by splashy07
I thought of that but I'd never get any work done. I've witnessed birthing with my northerns, though.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:09 am
by Suzle87
splashy07 wrote:I thought of that but I'd never get any work done. I've witnessed birthing with my northerns, though.

Haha yeh I think if I could watch Ven while I was at work I’d probly just worry more, especially if he was having a lazy day under his log.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm
by aaronhouts
Congrats, Splashy!
What an amazing accomplishment!
I know you've worked hard for that. It's a victory well deserved!

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:44 pm
by Keitht
Congratulations !! Easterns are just waaay cool.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 am
by splashy07
Thanks, all! Unfortunately her sister did not fare as well, slugs and one sole survivor. Big and feisty, though, will post pics when he calms down a bit.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 am
by Suzle87
Aww bless her,sorry to hear that, what a shame. Hopefully that little guy will grow up big and healthy. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 am
by splashy07
Thank you, and yes he will! Eats like a hog and I love his feistiness and little threat displays....absolutely adorable and will be spoiled to heck.
Heard of some other bad luck with these this year so I stopped beating myself up. I'm over the moon with what I have!

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 am
by Suzle87
If you get chance get some pics of him doing his displays I’d love to see that, sounds super cute

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:38 am
by splashy07
I tried but he runs like heck...anyone who says these guys are slow moving lizards....even as adults....have you ever tried to catch one on a carpet? Even a shingleback can run like the wind!

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 am
by Suzle87
splashy07 wrote:I tried but he runs like heck...anyone who says these guys are slow moving lizards....even as adults....have you ever tried to catch one on a carpet? Even a shingleback can run like the wind!


Haha bless him, it’s a scary big world when you’ve just been born I suppose. He sounds great, lots of personality. Are you keeping him? If so what are you calling him?

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 am
by splashy07
Yes, and haven't decided on a name yet.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:49 am
by StaceyLeigh
Congratulation on the Eastern Babies! My female NSW Eyeband Eastern, just dropped her litter, making a post up today.

Re: Birth Announcement!

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:57 am
by splashy07
All right Stacey!! Hope you had a bigger litter than mine! Can't wait to see them!