Ripped Scale from Shed

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Megz
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Ripped Scale from Shed

Postby Megz » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:19 am

Hey guys,

So my skink Gizmo just shed last night and this morning i noticed he had a scale on his head that didn't shed off. I wasn't sure if it was just on him or attached so i rubbed his head gently and realized it was attached so i left it. I went back a couple minutes later and it was gone but he now has a 'rip'/'scrap' on his head (circled area in image). Will this heal or do you have to wait for another shed? He seems ok and there is no blood or anything but i just worry as a newer BTS owner (he's almost 1).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Ripped Scale from Shed

Postby mb606587 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

It'll heal. Very minor abrasion, which is common. During a shed, either misting the enclosure or soaking your skink in warm water should help aid its shed.
Megz
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Ripped Scale from Shed

Postby Megz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:36 am

Thanks so much, it's always nice to get the reassurance from experienced owners. :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”