Odd urate... I’m not mental honestly

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Odd urate... I’m not mental honestly

Postby Suzle87 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:31 am

I’m aware I’m starting to sound completely mental and obsessed with vens toilet habits... but now he’s done an odd urate... as you can see in the picture there was a normal urate but then a wet pool of it.... usually it’s the urate and clear water, and sometimes sperm plugs and poop, but this is a new one. Is this normal? Could it be a symptom of something? Sorry to be asking all the time, I’ve just got it into my head that something’s amiss.
F09910E8-F4E5-49E3-A469-4ABA588A0472.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kayla990
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Odd urate... I’m not mental honestly

Postby kayla990 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Huh, not seen that so far - but based on your vet visit, perhaps something to do with the electrolyte mix? At least with mammals I believe it's not terribly uncommon to have diarrhea like symptoms after such mixtures. Hopefully you'll get a more experienced answer soon..!
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Suzle87 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi thanks for your response, he hasn’t had the electrolyte mix, that’s just for if he gets bunged up again. I’m gonna get him out of bed (under his log) soon and get him to run around, see if I can get another urate to come out to see if the other was just a fluke. Any other ideas please let me know
mb606587

Postby mb606587 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm

I've had skinks pass watery and runny urates before. Keep an eye on the next one or two and see if it goes back to normal.
Suzle87
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Suzle87 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:19 pm

mb606587 wrote:I've had skinks pass watery and runny urates before. Keep an eye on the next one or two and see if it goes back to normal.

Thanks very much for getting in touch, that’s reassuring. Il keep an eye on him, hopefully it’s just a one off.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”