Glass scratching and surfing

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
codybryan
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Glass scratching and surfing

Postby codybryan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:01 pm

My two year old male skink constantly glass scratches and surfs. Any ideas how to stop this? It’s a PVC enclosure that’s 4’ x 2’ x 2’ with lots of plants and hiding areas. It’s passed the normal amount of surfing and he spends almost all day trying to get out. I’m at a loss as to what to do. Thanks.
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Glass scratching and surfing

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Check for poos , my skinks do this if they have done a poo and want it gone (because it's stinky)
They also do this if they want to come out for freerange time or snuggles too. More time out will help I think (let him explore about and burn off some that energy).
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Make sure your temperatures and humidity are appropriate for the species. Sometimes if it's too hot or not humid enough, they'll try to "escape."
splashy07

Postby splashy07 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 am

Could also be male seasonal behavior, mine are absolutely insane right now and the girls aren't up yet.
aaronhouts
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby aaronhouts » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:24 am

splashy07 wrote:Could also be male seasonal behavior, mine are absolutely insane right now and the girls aren't up yet.

That was my thought, too.
for more fun BTS pics and videos follow us on Instagram @voodoomagicreptiles

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”