Black marks near mouth

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
sunny
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Black marks near mouth

Postby sunny » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:58 am

Hey!
I noticed some dark marks around my BTS mouth and near his eye. After shedding, they were gone but now they're back. I hope somebody has an idea what it is or if I should go to the vet.
He never had a problem with shedding or anything like that. His scales also look healthy besides that, so I don't know what the problem could be.
Here's an image: https://fs1.directupload.net/images/181225/giadvyvz.jpg
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Black marks near mouth

Postby mb606587 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Looks like dirt buildup glued on by the saliva. Some BTS get all kinds of gunk stuck to the mouth. Usually a rag dipped in warm water will loosen and remove that buildup temporarily. You'll probably have to keep doing it as it tends to be a re occurring issue with some.
sunny
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Black marks near mouth

Postby sunny » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:38 am

Alright, thank you so much for answering. I was worried there for a second.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”