Feeding dog food.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Susann
Merauke Mama
Merauke Mama
Your Facebook name: Sue Bee

Feeding dog food.

Postby Susann » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:08 pm

On this forum we advocate dog food as a good, healthy staple.
If your feelings differ from what we recommend here, that is fine; we welcome everyone and respect whatever beliefs or opinions you may have. But, because the leadership of this site believes dog food to be a good and healthy staple in a BTS diet, we will not keep overlooking statements like: "dog food is bad" or "never feed dog food" unless you include the reason for your opinion. To throw a "blanket statement" out ("Dog food is bad") that goes against the group's stated beliefs without backing it up is not only annoying but can be dangerous --not everybody stays around long enough to get a grasp on the common consensus, or cares enough to keep reading other opinions. It makes for an increased work-load for those few we have here to oversee our site, as our #1 goal is to ensure that the info given here is as correct and easy to understand as possible.

And, I’ll point out that we are NOT saying you HAVE TO feed dog food. We’re not saying it’s the only correct way to feed your BTS. More power to all those who want to put in the love and the time and the effort to research, cook, cut, and put together great meals for their pets! Great! Tell us about it. But don't come here and say "Food in a can is bad". Because that's just as stupid as saying "Air is bad to breathe". IS air bad to breathe? SURE! Sometimes. Some places. For some people. But making the blanket statement that "Dog food is bad for skinks" is just as dumb as making the blanket statement "Air is bad to breathe".
1.0 Merauke
Bred Meraukes for years, now I get to just enjoy my BIG boy Milo!
Sue Bee on FB.
splashy07

Re: Feeding dog food.

Postby splashy07 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 am

Couldn't have said it better, Sue. I was seriously tiring of the Great Dog Food Debacle.
Raven_Vivi
Mad Apothecary
Mad Apothecary

Re: Feeding dog food.

Postby Raven_Vivi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm

But what about cat food? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
I am the crazy lady~ ^_^

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. ~Andre Gide

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. ~Matsuo Basho

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”