Page 1 of 1
Black spots under eyes
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 pm
by Megz
Hi guys and gals,
I just had a quick concern, I hope it’s nothinng but I figure I would ask. My BTS Gizmo developed two black spots under his eyes. I took a picture of him yesterday and today I saw the spots. I thought it was dirt so I went to wipe it and it didn’t come off. It developed in one day which is why I have concern. However, the spot is the same color and on both sides of his face (one under each eye). I’m not sure if it is a ‘birth mark’ of sorts, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.
Thanks!
Re: Black spots under eyes
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 pm
by splashy07
Can you post a picture?
Re: Black spots under eyes
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 am
by Megz
Sorry it took so long, but here are two pictures. The first shows no spot,
the very next day that black sport showed up on BOTH sides in the same spot. It was only within a day that they developed. I though it was dry or food so I went to wipe it off but it is on his face.
... On a side note, he lost some of his nose scales as you can see from the first picture, I think from digging but I just wanted to ask if that was normal and all good in that sense.
Thank you again for your help

Re: Black spots under eyes
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:33 pm
by mb606587
Research "Turing patterns" in lizards. Essentially it describes how many animals, including lizards and snakes develop new stripes or spots as they age. I can't say for sure that this is the case with yours but from what I see, I don't know if I'd personally be that concerned. As for the nose scales, yes snout rubbing and irritation is very common. The scales will heal and grow back. Wouldn't hurt to keep it clean if you notice any minor abrasions.
Re: Black spots under eyes
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:45 pm
by Megz
mb606587 wrote:Research "Turing patterns" in lizards. Essentially it describes how many animals, including lizards and snakes develop new stripes or spots as they age. I can't say for sure that this is the case with yours but from what I see, I don't know if I'd personally be that concerned. As for the nose scales, yes snout rubbing and irritation is very common. The scales will heal and grow back. Wouldn't hurt to keep it clean if you notice any minor abrasions.
Thank you so much this was extremely helpful!