Cicada's for BTS?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
LariLobstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Cicada's for BTS?

Postby LariLobstar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Summer is coming up and there will be a lot of cicada's where I am - can I feed them to my skink?
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Cicada's for BTS?

Postby splashy07 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:46 am

At their adult stage these insects provide little nutritional value, nothing but a hard shell. Past their larval stage (which can last up to 17 years) they do not eat, just breed and die off. I'm sure your lizard would enjoy chasing them but as far as nutritional value next to none.
LariLobstar
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Cicada's for BTS?

Postby LariLobstar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 pm

splashy07 wrote:At their adult stage these insects provide little nutritional value, nothing but a hard shell. Past their larval stage (which can last up to 17 years) they do not eat, just breed and die off. I'm sure your lizard would enjoy chasing them but as far as nutritional value next to none.

Thank you, will only give her one or two then :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”