Hello fellow BTS mommas and papas!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Lunarium
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Hello fellow BTS mommas and papas!

Postby Lunarium » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 am

Hello!
My name is Sondra. I about a month ago rescued a Merauke BTS from what I call a "hoarder" house. He's lost all his toes due to shedding issues, is gradually getting the excess shed off the tip of his tail and was barely handled. His enclosure that came with him was barely ever cleaned. It had feces and dried urine everywhere! When he came home with us, my hubby and I put him on our little doggie bed we bought for him and covered him up so he was secure while we cleaned his enclosure out. He did rather well. I was impressed. This is our first BTS and we absolutely love him!!! We let him relax for a couple days and finally got him a vet appointment. The vet said that other than his toes having fell off with some shed still there and the tip of his tail having excess shed, he looked great and his weight was great. Overall very healthy. I just wanted to introduce myself and my new BTS. Oh! I forgot to tell you all his cute little name! It's Kamata! We named him after the second form of Godzilla from Shin Godzilla. :3
splashy07

Re: Hello fellow BTS mommas and papas!

Postby splashy07 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Bless you for saving him! Welcome, and best of luck with your new pet!
Janella
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Awe, bless you for saving him. Pictures?
Lunarium
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby Lunarium » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 am

♡♡♡ This is me with my baby!

kingofnobbys
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 am

He's a very handsome boy , and looks super smoogy and loves his mommy snuggles , just like my two adult BTs and my beardie and my little eastern water skink too .
He's certainly a very lucky boy …. my advise …. spoil him obscenely …. lots of silkworms, cultivated live snails (the type raised for cooking) …. and lots of love and snuggles .

My experience and observations from 3 rescued skinks over the years are that lizards know when you trying to help them and show their gratitude the only way they can- by becoming mega tame and super smoogy towards their very kind and gentle carer.

You are well on the way to forming a very strong bond with him.

My BTs and beardies have all had super strong bonds with my wife and me and when having free range time on the floor in the house are known to seek out the person who they want (know is home and can hear or saw walk past or down the hallway , and to even follow us about like puppies (we have to watch where our feet are) , many a time I've visit the toilet to turn around and find a BT or beardie has pushed the door open and is at the entry and staring at me (there is no privacy when you have a BT or beardie who wants you.…. this lizard daddy is very thinly spread , good thing there's plenty of me to go around and I've the time to give them all the personal time they deserve.

I regard my water skinks and beardies as Cat-Dogs …. they love sitting high on my chest and even along the back of my neck .
My BTs are scaley sausage dogs ….. and believe or not …. both great climbers …. when they were younger (juveniles and young adults) we often found them half way up the fake Xmas tree , tunneling through the xmas presents, or climbing the front of the cloth covered modular lounge or nearly all the way up the lace curtains ….
katt1177
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Postby katt1177 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi all, I have a similar situation - my adopted BTS ( Kooky Dukey) is having severe foot problems - it's like she either chewed off her toes or they fell off, her poor feet are so swollen - I'm taking her to the vets on Tuesday (long weekend here) but have put her on a non fluffy towel with just a water bowl in the meantime - is that the right thing to do ? I'm so heartbroken, I can see her poor feet are in pain (previous house was a mess) but dont know - can I put polysporin on a BTS??? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Kathy

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”