Page 1 of 1

thick yellow shed

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:57 am
by Suzle87
Hi all,
Here is a bit of a wierd one (and probably very daft) but I popped home in my lunch hour to go and give Ventress his lunch (we are down to eating every 3 days now) he ate every last bit (just to be contrary to the idea of them eating less when shedding. he's a rebel!) but then i noticed on the underside of his neck the shed that appears to be coming off (rolling down like a jumper) is thick and yellowy... it doesn't look dry or anything, I was just a bit baffled as usually when he sheds it is almost see through and flakey?

I have been really hot on the humidity the past few weeks so is this just how they shed when more moisture is in the air or is it something else that I should be worrying about?
Il get a picture after work, I had to dash back as his banquet took longer than planned!

Re: thick yellow shed

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:51 am
by Whnthsungoesdwn
Probably nothing to worry about. Maybe just looks thicker since it’s rolling down and the thickness is giving it a yellow hue.

Re: thick yellow shed

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 am
by Suzle87
6086558B-344C-4F44-B185-9EC05B7F82D9.jpeg


Here’s the pic, pretty sure you’re right and it’s just how he’s shedding,got an ear bag in that pic aswell I think.
I think now that he’s a fatty there’s just more to shed so it sticks around a bit longer!

Re: thick yellow shed

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:42 pm
by splashy07
It means he has the proper conditions to shed correctly, the skin is moist enough to come off easily. Very nice.

Re: thick yellow shed

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:49 pm
by Suzle87
splashy07 wrote:It means he has the proper conditions to shed correctly, the skin is moist enough to come off easily. Very nice.


Oh right that’s great then, thanks for that! I was just slightly concerned by how thick it looked! Thankyou for putting my mind at rest.