Hi!
So after last weeks scare of finding out the one of my BTS's, Beau, has mites (from the reptile store I purchased him from) I am on the hunt for the best substate. Right now both my Blueys are on a newspaper substrate - to help keep their enclosures clean (I have given Beau his first mite treatment yesterday) and to also make sure my other Bluey is in good health. Should I stick with newspaper long term, or would it be better to use Aspen bedding?
I used to use Kritters Crumble, but my skinks were really sneezy from the dust it created.
Any input would be appreciated - thanks!
Aspen bedding or newspaper?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Angel_BTS
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm
- Country: Australia
- Angel_BTS
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm
- Country: Australia
Re: Aspen bedding or newspaper?
EDIT: I decided to use cypress mulch instead - both the Blueys love it
-
kingofnobbys
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:17 am
- Country: australia
- Location: NSW
Re: Aspen bedding or newspaper?
i use KRITTERS CRUMBLE , but only the course grade as fine and medium are really dusty. I mix natural gum tree leaf litter with it , my skinks love the mix .
- Angel_BTS
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm
- Country: Australia
Re: Aspen bedding or newspaper?
kingofnobbys wrote:i use KRITTERS CRUMBLE , but only the course grade as fine and medium are really dusty. I mix natural gum tree leaf litter with it , my skinks love the mix .
Sounds great! There is also leaf litter mixed in with the cypress mulch - Beau and Bindi have been digging and burying under their substrate all day!
Also, I have 4 ceramic heating globes on their way this week! Took a while for me to find the right heat lamps for the skinks, but I finally have - no more infrared lamps yay!
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 214 guests
