Question
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 am
I'm an owner of a 5 year old beardy which I've owned since he was 6 months of age. My next reptile will be a skink which I will be getting one in a couple of days if they have any nice northerners at the expo. Otherwise, I'll get into contact with Jeff Greene and get a skink from him when his next batch of babies are available. Anyway, here's my question. I've read about the how many days a week to feed the BTS throughout their life stages but I have yet to receive answers to two of my questions.
1. Would a baby skink be fed multiple times a day like a baby beardy? And if so, how many times would I dust with calcium with d3(don't remember what I did with my beardy since he hasn't been a baby for a LONG time). Would I go by a certain feeding rule like give as much insects as the skink can eat in 10-15 minutes like a baby beardy would? I'm already aware about the "no larger than space between eyes rule".
2. When I give protein, would it give it on a daily basis or would I feed protein like a couple times a week like how an adult beardy receives 80% veggies and 20% protein by giving salad everyday of the week and giving a protein source on two days a week.?
1. Would a baby skink be fed multiple times a day like a baby beardy? And if so, how many times would I dust with calcium with d3(don't remember what I did with my beardy since he hasn't been a baby for a LONG time). Would I go by a certain feeding rule like give as much insects as the skink can eat in 10-15 minutes like a baby beardy would? I'm already aware about the "no larger than space between eyes rule".
2. When I give protein, would it give it on a daily basis or would I feed protein like a couple times a week like how an adult beardy receives 80% veggies and 20% protein by giving salad everyday of the week and giving a protein source on two days a week.?