Nose rubs and sperm plugs

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
mrhoyo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:19 pm
Country:
Location: United Kingdom

Nose rubs and sperm plugs

Postby mrhoyo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am

Has anyone noticed a link between their skinks rubbing their noses and producing sperm plugs?
Two of the four babies we got in June have started rubbing their noses (I'm treating daily with F10 ointment to reduce the chances of infection) and are dropping sperm plugs like crazy.
It has been a while since we had an adult male and even longer since he dropped sperm plugs so I can't remember if he did the same.
Photo attached of one of the plugs, I thought it was a good example but it's been so long since I saw one I might be wrong
Image
User avatar
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
Country: USA
Location: Farmingdale,LI,NY

Re: Nose rubs and sperm plugs

Postby splashy07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:02 am

Yes, that goes hand in hand. When my males are in season they constantly pace and rub their noses on the cagefronts, climb the walls, etc. And yes, those are sperm plugs all right!
mrhoyo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:19 pm
Country:
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Nose rubs and sperm plugs

Postby mrhoyo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am

That's good to hear, I half thought they were intentionally trying to stress me out. Hopefully they calm down soon!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 185 guests