Page 1 of 1

Moss?

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:32 pm
by Bryson26
I got some terrarium beaked mosss by Zilla and I’m wondering if it’s okay to use in my bts cage? I thought it was sphangum moss but I’m wondering if it will be okay to use still?

Re: Moss?

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:02 pm
by kayla990
Shouldn't be an issue to use :wink: some say it may need to be sprayed more frequently as it doesn't hold *as* much moisture as sphagnum, but can't see it being an issue. As it looks green (couldn't tell if it was live or dried from the package!) I'd have a quick check to see if anything is living in it before putting it in the tank (if it's already dried, likely wouldn't be an issue!). Smaller insects like springtails are fine if you see any, just mentioning in case of bigger bugs like centipedes!

Re: Moss?

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:03 pm
by Bryson26
kayla990 wrote:Shouldn't be an issue to use :wink: some say it may need to be sprayed more frequently as it doesn't hold *as* much moisture as sphagnum, but can't see it being an issue. As it looks green (couldn't tell if it was live or dried from the package!) I'd have a quick check to see if anything is living in it before putting it in the tank (if it's already dried, likely wouldn't be an issue!). Smaller insects like springtails are fine if you see any, just mentioning in case of bigger bugs like centipedes!

The package actually said it was dry there was a type that u grow and I almost got it.