Page 1 of 1

Melted plastic beam

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 am
by Maple
I bought an aquarium to use as my tank for my bluey as it was the biggest one I could get from my pet store. One day while cleaning his tank I left his light over the plastic bar going across the middle. It melted a bit (thank goodness my bluey was in the tub at the time) and it’s been a bother ever since.

Is it safe to cut off this support beam? Can I replace it with something else?

It’s always been in the way of having lights on top of the metal mesh.

Thanks

Re: Melted plastic beam

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm
by AnimalHouse.Alive
I'm sure it should be fine to remove. Since you are using a mesh lid, I think the 'worst' thing that could happen is it just sinking in the middle if something heavy is placed in that area. But if the only thing being placed on top is the light it should be fine.

Re: Melted plastic beam

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:15 pm
by splashy07
If you're not looking for the tank to ever hold water it is fine to remove. I removed one from a 125g with no issues.