Page 1 of 1

Little bug in cage!?

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:28 pm
by MysticBlueTongues
Hi guys so i was having a look at my blue tongue a few minutes ago and i noticed on the edge of the enclosure a little light grey bug which was around the size of the head of a needle (so extremely small). I have no idea what it is or if it is mites but i have only seen one.
She is kept on back-2-nature and also coco fiber. Any help would be appreciated as i have no clue what it is. But like i said i have only seen one and have given Indie a full look over in all the little nooks and crannies to make sure there is nothing in or on her.
Thanks :thumbs:

Re: Little bug in cage!?

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:08 pm
by AllTheAnimalia
I wouldnt really worry if you examined her/him all over, It may have just got into the cage through the mesh top or through the lids. Also Just look at the care sheet if you need anything else :)

Re: Little bug in cage!?

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am
by splashy07
Reptile mites or snake mites as they are most often called are black. What you describe could possibly be hatching out in the substrate, I've had that happen with similar substrates. So long as there is nothing on your animal I wouldn't worry.

Re: Little bug in cage!?

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am
by MysticBlueTongues
Thanks for the info guys, i did think that mites were black, as you said.
I have been monitoring all of my reptiles and have not seen anything else since that one little thing. So fingers crossed nothing else shows up haha :pray: