Page 1 of 1

Merauke Blue Tongued Skink, cat/dog food

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
by Steve88
I just recently purchased a 6 month old Merauke Blue Tongued Skink. It looks beautiful, though it is hissing at me a lot. Maybe it will settle down. My big concern is in 3 days, it hasn't eaten anything. I've offered Blue Buffalo wet dog food, hard boiled eggs, collared greens, apple, strawberry, and green beans. (as well as a few crickets). I have yet to see the skink eat. The person I purchased it from said to feed it wet cat food, not wet dog food, as it makes a big difference. Are there any brands of wet cat food you recommend? I just want to get it eating, no matter what i have to do, and then I can add more variety. And tips highly appreciated.

Re: Merauke Blue Tongued Skink, cat/dog food

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm
by JRbeast
It prob just needs a few days to aclimate to its new home but some foods to try r Evo 95,Wellness Core,and Halo Spots stew r mostly what i use just dont get fish flavors and some owners r avoiding red meat flavors right now.

Re: Merauke Blue Tongued Skink, cat/dog food

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm
by Steve88
Thanks! I used a spoon and was able to get my blue tongue to drink a little water, which the skink had not done yet. I put a little cat food in the water and the skink got a little of it. I still want the skink to eat more but the fact that the skink ate or drank anything is a positive step.

Re: Merauke Blue Tongued Skink, cat/dog food

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:21 pm
by JRbeast
Ya keep tryin ,the smell of wet cat food usually will get their stomachs rumblin.

Re: Merauke Blue Tongued Skink, cat/dog food

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:05 pm
by splashy07
I see these inquiries often, about what types of food, so I thought I'd share some of my skinks favorites..if the food seems too wet I mix in the dry fruits and vegetables. They love it.

Re: Merauke Blue Tongued Skink, cat/dog food

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:06 pm
by Steve88
Thanks for showing the types of food you use, that helps. I did see my blue tongue eat a little cat food the other day. I think the skink is still skittish and eats some when I am not there. But the skink looks healthier and is moving better than a few days ago after I received him or her. The skink is still wary and skittish but not as bad as a few days ago. Haven't tried holding the blue tongue yet but hopefully will soon.