New owner! Quick questions
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 am
by Sarahs
I just got my first blue tongue skink one week ago! I decided to name him Hugo. The man I bought him from told me he was an irian jaya. Hugo is only 4 months old. I have a couple of questions about him. His toes had some stuck shed on them when I brought home home. I've gotten most of it by but his toes look a little of now and one of his toe nails fell off. Based on these pictures could someone tell me what they think about his feet and if he looks skinny. Thank you!
Re: New owner! Quick questions
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:55 am
by splashy07
Hi! Pretty little one. Indonesian species need more humidity than their Aussie counterparts, probably not kept humid enough previously. His tail looks a bit thin, but I'm sure the fat storage will build now that he will be getting good care. Shedding issues are common when kept too dry, and it's usually their little feet that suffer the buildup from being on too dry a substrate. Keep his humidity at least 70+ and he will be fine. IJs as with most Indo species are often imported and don't really get good care until they fall into the hands of their new owners. Good luck with him (or her)!