Page 1 of 1
What Type of BTS?
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 pm
by LaurenKaye
Hello!
I'm looking into getting a BTS and after seeing all the different types I can get, I'm left confused on the differences.
What is the difference between a Northern BTS, an Indonesian BTS, and a Halmahera BTS? Besides how they look, are there behavior differences?
Thanks!
Re: What Type of BTS?
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:44 am
by Dwarfbeardeddragon
i wouldnt really know as we cant have Indonesian variety here in Australia, but ive heard some of the indo variety are wild caught, and ive heard northerns are hardier aswell

Re: What Type of BTS?
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm
by TPceebee
Halmaheras are a form of indonesians. The biggest difference between indos and northerns is the husbandry and the type of care required. I've heard that northerns are more robust than indos and they don't get sick as often. I believe that indos are a little more skittish? And usually the majority are wild caught. Indos usually grow a bit bigger. I've heard that northerns have a brighter blue tongue, indos usually have a more purple colour. As far as behaviour goes I'm not too sure. I've seen really tame skinks of both species.
Re: What Type of BTS?
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:49 pm
by BD99
Australian bred Blue tongue Skinks seem to be hardier than other breeds.
Re: What Type of BTS?
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Northerns are from Australia and are all cbb.
Indonesians and Halmaheras are essentially all wild-caught and from Indonesia.
Due to being soley cbb northerns are generally calmer than the other two.
Re: What Type of BTS?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:47 pm
by mackdaddy
https://columbus.craigslist.org/pet/d/b ... 00982.htmlBlue Tongue Skink / 75 Gal Tank (Columbus)
Hi , I have a Blue Tongue Skink to Rehome. Comes with a 75 gallon tank, screen lid , heat and uvb lights. The Skink is not totally tame. Rehome fee of $ 200.00. Also , have a extra 75 gallon with screen lid / heat lamp for $100.00 Rehome fee. E mail with questions.
Re: What Type of BTS?
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm
by mackdaddy
this isnt my skink but if anyone could take him that would be amazing... id take the goober if i could but my bluey is all i can take on right now

): thanks!!
kenz