Page 1 of 1

How often do I feed a BTS?

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:27 pm
by BTSlizzard
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum, so bare with me. I looked at the FAQ and found something that matched my question, but was puzzled by it. It said to feed an adult BTS twice a week, so I just want to make sure that's right. I don't have a BTS yet, though planning to get one. I want to make sure I'm totally 100% on what to do with housing and feeding before I ever get one. :D
Im wondering your guy's feeding schedules for your BTS, or any recommendations on this schedule. Thanks in advance!!

Re: How often do I feed a BTS?

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 am
by Janella
Hi and welcome to the forum. Depending on the age of your skink you get, I would follow this feeding chart to a T.
https://bluetongueskinks.net/foodchart.html. The general rule is 50% protein, 40% veggies, and 10% fruit.

You specifically asked about adults. It is recommended to feed about 1 tbs once or twice a week for an adult. I always suggest watching your skink and if you feed once a week and it seems hungry, then go to twice a week. I had to do this with my guys. They just seemed hungry after only feeding once a week. Now I do twice a week and they are happy. They aren't over weight either. All are a little different, but the feeding chart is an excellent resource to follow. Good luck and let us know when you get a BTS!