Page 1 of 1

Is it Safe to Ship Across the Country? (US)

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:46 pm
by Yun
I live in California. I have been looking for juvenile Blue Tongue Skinks for sale near my area, but the only refutable breeder I could find that have them in stock was Ray Gurgui, who lives across the country in Florida. Is it safe for the Bluey to be shipped such a large distance, or do you think I should wait for breeders in my area?

I apologize in advance if there are Blueys for sale near my area I did not know about that can nullify this issue.

Re: Is it Safe to Ship Across the Country? (US)

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:42 am
by aaronhouts
Shipping reptiles is a pretty standard practice. Just be sure you can be there to receive the animal in person on the agreed upon delivery date and the day after just in case something goes wrong.

Ray produces a lot of animals and I imagine he's pretty experienced with shipping, too.

That being said, I understand your concerns and going local has its advantages as well.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Re: Is it Safe to Ship Across the Country? (US)

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:49 am
by Yun
aaronhouts wrote:Shipping reptiles is a pretty standard practice. Just be sure you can be there to receive the animal in person on the agreed upon delivery date and the day after just in case something goes wrong.

Ray produces a lot of animals and I imagine he's pretty experienced with shipping, too.

That being said, I understand your concerns and going local has its advantages as well.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.


Alright, thanks for the quick response. :D

Re: Is it Safe to Ship Across the Country? (US)

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 pm
by aaronhouts
You're welcome!
Let us know what happens.

Re: Is it Safe to Ship Across the Country? (US)

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:44 am
by splashy07
Back in the day when I kept Cyclura iguanas I would have them shipped from California. Never had an issue, like previous post, shipping reptiles is pretty much flawless now. Although I still won't do it myself, I still can't imagine stuffing one of my babies into a box and sending to someone I don't know...still keeping it local! Good luck, I'm sure there will be no issues!

Re: Is it Safe to Ship Across the Country? (US)

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:12 pm
by Robyn@SYR
When done properly, shipping live reptiles is safe, efficient, and responsible.

With the proper packaging and temperature guidelines, you should expect 100% success when shipping your non-venomous live reptiles.

A reputable breeder shouldn't have any issues getting you a healthy animal.

If you are shipping yourself, the customer service staff at ShipYourReptiles are happy to answer any questions or walk you through the process. Use code APS40 for 40% off your first shipment.

Shipping a live reptile can seem daunting to those that have never done it, but it's a pretty simple and straight forward process, and gives you access to great breeders across the country

Robyn@ShipYourReptiles