Page 1 of 1

4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm
by Susann
...sounded like the lame beginning of a lame joke...

Anywhoo. I took a few skinks outside today, just to try to capture their colors; as usual I had a heck of a time coming up with a picture that doesn't look too yellow or too brown, but since Goldilocks isn't here with her camera, here goes:

Lucy, 2 years old:

IMG_8581.JPG

IMG_8583.JPG

IMG_8625.JPG


Linus, 2 years old:

IMG_8580.JPG

IMG_8584.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG


RJ 4, born last summer:

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8573.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG


RJ 5, born last summer:

IMG_8475.JPG

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:03 pm
by Janella
I had to laugh at the title of your post. All beautiful skinks!

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:29 pm
by mitchell.a.88
Lucy is sooo much more orange than her brother! Slater is definitely orange but doesn't pop like she does

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:47 pm
by kingofnobbys
Great brace of sausages you have there .... and you can tell they loved their adventure outside.....

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 pm
by Susann
mitchell.a.88 wrote:Slater is definitely orange but doesn't pop like she does
Not many skinks do, wait til you see her in person, she's something else.

kingofnobbys wrote:and you can tell they loved their adventure outside.....
Ha! I just about got nailed by Linus; he is a skink I've come to believe hates the world and wants nothing to do with anything, and certainly not out of doors! You have to watch where each of your fingers are with that one. :wink: But I love him for it, keeps me on my toes.

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:12 am
by aaronhouts
Top notch as always, Susann!
You have thoroughly pioneered the breeding of Meraukes and established that orange color. It is amazing and (I think) will be a big part of what locks in the popularity of the Merauke subspecies. Your animals are literally "outstanding" as in they STAND OUT! I was immediately able to spot one of yours in a post from tcopitho and that's a great thing!

Your success and dedication to the field of BTS herpetoculture as evidenced through your breedings and this forum makes you a leader!
Not to add any pressure, but, as a famous musician/artist once said "All eyes on [you]!" (10 points to anyone that can identify the person that said that.) ;)

By the way, I loved the creative post title and theme!

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:50 am
by teamh
Hi, Susann!

(This is Susan Houts)

Ditto to what Aaron said! We are still fans of you branding these the "Clementine Line"... It has a great ring to it! We are big Susann fans and always appreciate your feedback and support!

PS: if Scout has axanthic babies, we are planning on calling them the "Zipper Line": a play on Zip Line! ;)

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:37 pm
by Scotts1au
:thumbs:

Pitty we can't get them here. sigh.

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 am
by splashy07
Hey Scott...I'll get you a hundred of them for one Shingleback! HAHHAHAHA
Susann, as usual, VERY impressive. As said in another post, yours are identifiable everywhere! A notoriously difficult species to breed for what I'm told in these parts, many have tried and zero success. You've got this one, Sue!
Wishing myself the same luck with my Eastern and Northern projects I'm working on.

Re: 4 Meraukes go for a walk...

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:14 am
by tcopitho
Beautiful animals! Its always a treat to see photos of them.

I have an imposibble time capturing true skink colours as well. Nothing beats seeing them in the flesh I suppose.