Page 1 of 1

Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:33 pm
by Angcious
My Mushy is about 2 1/2 or so years old. I have never seen any sperm plugs, not even anything questionable besides the urates.
Just a few minutes ago, I got a picture of something coming out when he urinated. This is the second time I saw that fleshy part come out, the first time was around a week ago.
My first guess (and hope) is that this is his hemipenes. But since I'm not sure, I was hoping someone can confirm. On the other hand, I want to make sure no one thinks it looks like a prolapse...I'm a bit worried about that. However, his health is wonderful, nothing at all unusual or wrong.
What do you think?
Image

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 pm
by Susann
I don't see any actual penes, but that sure looks like a sperm plug....
If you see anything pink coming out and going back in, chances are extremely good you've got yourself a boy. :thumbs:

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 pm
by Angcious
Yes, a dark pink fleshy thing came out and then went back in. Oh thank goodness I don't have to worry! I finally have 1 of them sexed, yay! Thank you!!

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:31 pm
by Susann
IMG_2928 - label.JPG

IMG_2932 - Copy.JPG

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:35 pm
by Angcious
A stringy thing like in the picture did come out...I thought that was just an unformed part of the urate! Omg do I feel stupid! :roll: Thank you very much for showing the pic!

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:44 pm
by aaronhouts
Well congrats on the boy then!
I can't really weigh in, but if you and Susann think so, I'd say you're good!
Any signs from Duma?
My wife and I love your Instagram by the way...

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:20 pm
by Angcious
That is very sweet of you, thank you! I love yours as well...you definitely capture their sweet personalities and smiling expressions!
Nothing from Duma but at this rate, who knows what signs he could have showed me that I overlooked. His hating to be in his cage, constantly destroying everything inside it, and then how he is so on the go and into everything when he's out...sure seems male to me but hopefully I'll know for sure soon enough.
I wish I was where you are now...planning the arrival of your babies. So exciting, and such amazing babies to look forward to! I hope sweet mom has a safe and easy labor and I'm looking forward to watching your babies grow! :D

Re: Hemipenes? I hope...

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:02 am
by aaronhouts
Thank you!
I have to give all credit to my wife, Susan, for that. She takes all of the pics. She's also the one that does the IG account. Then she updates me on what's going on there and I keep her apprised of the news from the forum. The funny part is, since you have different usernames for each, Mushy and Duma were how we knew it was you! :lol:

If Duma turns out to be a male, you'll just have to go on a search for some females for those two! That would be a fun process anyway. It looks like there are lots of good possibilities out there for that.

Yeah! We're really keeping our fingers crossed that we get some babies. It'd be neat to start over with some little ones. We learned so much raising these two I think we'd be even better at it now!