Is Omega 3-Pet Fish Oil safe to treat stomatitis in Blue Tongue Skinks
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Lucifer
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 pm
- Country: US
- Location: NY
Is Omega 3-Pet Fish Oil safe to treat stomatitis in Blue Tongue Skinks
Does anyone know if it is safe to give a blue tongue skink Omega 3-Pet Fish Oil (known anti-inflammatory) as a supplement for treatment of stomatitis? Hoping to give it to Lucifer, our blue tongue skink who struggles with re-occurrence of stomatitis on one side of his mouth. I've exhausted all known vet recommended maintenance/treatment for the sores. I usually clean sore area with Betadine/water solution and then topically apply Medihoney. The trouble is the Medihoney is very sticky and the bedding sticks to the sore area so it does not heal properly. Since Omega-3 Pet is an anti-inflammatory (my vet recommended it as a daily supplement for our large dog as well our 15 yr old cat with kidney disease), I am hoping to try it with Lucifer. Also, Omega-3 Pet review on Amazon stated that it works great for controlling stomatitis in a dog. Thank you.
-
kingofnobbys
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:17 am
- Country: australia
- Location: NSW
Re: Is Omega 3-Pet Fish Oil safe to treat stomatitis in Blue Tongue Skinks
There is omega 3 and 6 in WOMBARRO REPTILE SUPPLIMENT
http://www.wombaroo.com.au/reptile-prod ... supplement
i'd find a good reptile vet and ask them for their considered clinical opinion .... I think live silkworms will be better
http://smart-drugs.net/serrapeptase-article.htm
http://www.wombaroo.com.au/reptile-prod ... supplement
i'd find a good reptile vet and ask them for their considered clinical opinion .... I think live silkworms will be better
http://smart-drugs.net/serrapeptase-article.htm
-
Lucifer
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 pm
- Country: US
- Location: NY
Re: Is Omega 3-Pet Fish Oil safe to treat stomatitis in Blue Tongue Skinks
Thank you so much kingsofnobby for the great information! I really like the ingredients in the Wombarro Reptile Supplement especially the Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids and will try it. Also, have read a few other posts in this forum which mentioned emu oil (applied topically).
I have spent a small fortune trying to heal Lucifer's mouth and at one point he was septic and we thought we were going to lose him. The vet surgically removed a small flap on the side of his mouth where it seems to get red and raw as well as scraped out infected tissue. Had at least 10 rounds of laser therapy on that side of his mouth. Numerous antibiotics etc.. Then consulted with Holistic Practitioner who also recommend certain remedies.
It has been a constant struggle to get Lucifer to eat on his own especially when his mouth is sore. Some days his mouth is better than others. I just have to stay vigilante keeping the area clean. On good days, Lucifer will lap up raw egg so I put Carnivore Care, or Flukers Repta-Boost along with calcium & vitamins in it. Other days, I need to feed him thru a dropper. Unfortunately, Lucifer would not be able to eat the live silkworms.
Thanks again. Really appreciate your reply!
I have spent a small fortune trying to heal Lucifer's mouth and at one point he was septic and we thought we were going to lose him. The vet surgically removed a small flap on the side of his mouth where it seems to get red and raw as well as scraped out infected tissue. Had at least 10 rounds of laser therapy on that side of his mouth. Numerous antibiotics etc.. Then consulted with Holistic Practitioner who also recommend certain remedies.
It has been a constant struggle to get Lucifer to eat on his own especially when his mouth is sore. Some days his mouth is better than others. I just have to stay vigilante keeping the area clean. On good days, Lucifer will lap up raw egg so I put Carnivore Care, or Flukers Repta-Boost along with calcium & vitamins in it. Other days, I need to feed him thru a dropper. Unfortunately, Lucifer would not be able to eat the live silkworms.
Thanks again. Really appreciate your reply!
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 318 guests
