Hello everyone,
I have a six month old Merauke BTS. Every night, I turn on the reptile fogger for 10-15 minutes (along with misting twice a day), however it causes him to sneeze quite a bit. I understand that Blue Tongues sneeze often to rid their nostrils of debris and other unwanted materials, but is it normal for him to be sneezing due to the fog? Has anyone else experienced this?
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm concerned that maybe the fog could hurt him some way or another; or that it's bothering him.
Thanks. :')
Blue Tongue Skink sneezing when fogger is on?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
feraljaw
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Florida
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Blue Tongue Skink sneezing when fogger is on?
I'm so sorry this has gone unanswered for so long...
No worries.
Sneezing during misting is understandable, and as long as there's no discharge or sounds with breathing, the sneezing during misting should not be any cause for concern.
No worries.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
-
feraljaw
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Florida
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 261 guests
