Page 1 of 1
Curled up
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:08 pm
by blueygoldcoast
my lizard curls up his body and goes all stiff, I am not sure why he does this. It's sometimes when he is picked up and I'm worried he is not well .
Re: Curled up
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:20 am
by Sunny_Skinks
Hey! It sounds like he's just makin himself comfortable. How do you know that he 'goes all stiff'? Don't prod or poke your skink. He is not sick.
Re: Curled up
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:15 am
by Janella
I am no expert by all means, but when you try to pick him up and he goes all stiff and tries to curl up he feels insecure and it is his way of saying, "hey hold me better". It is a defense move. Have you read the sections on how to handle on this website? Great information and the pictures help. If they curl up while in their enclosure or out and about, they are just relaxing. . I hope that helps. I don't think there is anything wrong with your skink.