I recently got my Tanimbar back after giving him to a co-worker's family some 10 years ago (!). Long story short I called and asked if she still had the tank I gave her and it turns out she still had my guy... Still grumpy as ever.
He looks healthy other than missing some toes and the tip of his tail, I'm assuming due to shedding problems... Also he obviously wasn't being checked for dead skin hanging up on his toes and tail. I had him on care fresh bedding when I gave him to her and I'm assuming it dried the tank out too much. I'm looking into other substrate possibilities. What do you guys use? Maybe cypress mulch and a moderate misting in the morning? He was being kept too cold- which I corrected- but I don't want him to lose any more digits.
Tanimbar substrate/humidity
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
FlyedPiper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:47 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Kalamazoo
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Tanimbar substrate/humidity
HERE is a general thread on substrates, and HERE is a Caresheet Addition specifically about Tanimbars.
Use the search function to find some more info from members in the past, and congrats on getting your buddy back after so many years!
Good luck!
Use the search function to find some more info from members in the past, and congrats on getting your buddy back after so many years!
Good luck!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 273 guests
