Page 1 of 1

Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:14 pm
by dan93
Hi everyone,

Would anyone be kind enough to help me identify this BTS?

Re: Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:42 pm
by splashy07
The lack of patterning on the front legs makes me lean towards Queensland eastern, but the Easterns north of NSW can be extremely difficult to differentiate from Irian Jayas. Beautiful skink, regardless. If you were here in the states I'd probably be thinking IJ as Easterns are uncommon here, and if you get one you will probably know you are getting one as they ar quite pricey. Anyone else have any ideas on this one? There's a lot of hybridization going on out there so that makes it even more difficult if you do not know the breeder's bloodlines. If it is an import it's anyone's guess. Whatever, I wouldn't have walked past it, he's a beauty!

Re: Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 pm
by dan93
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.
Anyone else have an idea?

Re: Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:37 pm
by Dakota
Irian Jaya is my vote.

Re: Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:43 pm
by alichamp
Is this guy yours? I doubt it is an Australian skink but a top down shot would help me confirm perhaps. Beautiful though.

Re: Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:26 pm
by dan93
No she is for sale, I wanted to identify her before I made a decision on whether to purchase her or not. I will ask for a picture from above :) thanks for your help

Re: Please help me Identify this Skink

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:45 pm
by Kugelberg
To me it looks like a northern - T. s. intermedia.