Enclosure Pictures

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
unaware
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Enclosure Pictures

Postby unaware » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:57 am

Here's my 90x45x45 enclosure for an 8-ish year old BTS (named Mr Lizard) I got about 3 weeks ago. Substrate is a mix of coarse kritter's crumble and coco coir so that he can burrow in it.

There's a raised tile basking spot which its about 37 to 39C, another raised tile with his water dish on it, and a log hide which stretches between to 2. I decided to put the water dish on the raised tile so that Mr Lizard has a little bit more floor space to move around in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Y33T » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Just an enclosure update.
Expect another one soon bc I’m gonna upgrade them to 4x2x2ft vivariums
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
dicethebluey
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby dicethebluey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm

hi!! This is my little man Dice's cage set up! 40G tank, just recently cleaned it too! :D :welcome:
peaches
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby peaches » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 pm

hi there! im completely new to the bts (and even the reptile) community! i’m still waiting to get my substrate which will be a 2:1 mix of exoterra reptile bark and reptisoil, but i do have just about everything else that will go in my tank and i was hoping for some input!
C55D4C45-6140-4742-B2B3-751AC7213464.jpeg

this is what i think my setup will look like! i have a hot and cold hide that i’ll put some sphagnum moss in along with spreding that through the tank. i have two coarse rocks so my skink can file its nails and bask. i have the fake fern i thought just looked nice lol and theres also a little water bowl thats hard to see on the right in the ferns.
the light overhead is the zoo med 5.0 uvb and i have a 40 gal heat pad that i’ll put under the middle of the tank.
sorry to have posted so much but i really want to make my new little guy as comfy as possible so any thoughts or critiques are seriously welcomed!!!
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 pm

I would swap the under tank heat pad for a second overhead fixture and heat bulb. IMO, they seem to prefer basking under overhead heat.
peaches
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby peaches » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:08 am

ohhh ok! do you have any specific brands you prefer mb606587?
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:35 am

Na, you can use any number of brands. I use the ZooMed 75 watt basking bulbs. Just important to accurately measure your temperatures. I prefer and recommend the temperature guns, as do most people, for a quick accurate measurement of surface tenperatures in any area of your tank. You want to keep your basking spot at around 100-110 degrees, give or take. Your opposite side should be anywhere from 70-80ish. You may need to experiment with the wattage at first until you get it just right. Just keep your receipts and you should have no issues swapping bulbs out in a reasonable time frame if the temperatures aren't where you need them to be. And then finally observe your lizard. Some have no problems basking for hours on end at 115 degrees. Others prefer it a bit cooler and won't bask at higher temps. So depending on your lizards specific needs, you may also need to adjust.
xkillmeowx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby xkillmeowx » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Gilbert’s new big tank it’s very plain but Gilbert is happy lol
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 am

Gilbert big tank is very nice, however he will need alot more hides to feel nice and safe and secure. It is always best to have one on the cool side and one on the hot side.
4thInfantryVet
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby 4thInfantryVet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Animal plastics T8
Megaray 70 watt
VE 300 thermostat
Megaray heat emitter
Cypress mulch.

Holds both heat and humidity perfect! Going from glass breeder to this has been night and day. Plenty of room and a breeze to assemble. My humidity is 90 and temp gradient is from 115 under basking lamp to a nice 70 on cool end. Ferguson zone readings from 2.0 to 3.1 under the light. This has been worth the wait. No needed mixing of coco fiber or moss so far.
Rakeone
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Rakeone » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:44 pm

Here is my new setup.
I am pretty happy about it.
Basking spot, deep substrate diving cool zone, uvb, hides, large water bowl. Alot of love and dollars has been put into this haha
xkillmeowx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby xkillmeowx » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:49 pm

This is my lizard lair I also have two Leo’s that will be joining the lair as soon as I find a cabinet type stand lol
xkillmeowx
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby xkillmeowx » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Janella wrote:Gilbert big tank is very nice, however he will need alot more hides to feel nice and safe and secure. It is always best to have one on the cool side and one on the hot side.

He won’t use them I’ve tried he just goes under his bowl lol I’ve tried many kinds idk what else to try
kkrell
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby kkrell » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:51 am

Got a shelving unit to save wall space when i got my skink and moved my corn out of her 75 gallon (that sucker wouldnt fit on the shelf!) and into the large exo-terra. Its less room than she was used to but i hated going in from the top to grab her, and it wouldnt have been possible on a shelf like this. the side opening doors are amazing and i'm able to get her out much more frequently. skink on top is in an animal plastics t10. He's not sure what to do with all the space yet!
Slinks
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Slinks » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am

4ACCA769-22EF-437D-BB44-10B38D2DCD24.jpeg
VaranusAcanthurus
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby VaranusAcanthurus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:49 am

Hello everyone
I wanted to show you my new setup for my Tiliqua sp. Irian jaya, his enclosure is 60x30x30"in size. What do you think of it?
vana
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby vana » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:00 am

I think it looks great!!!! :P
Keoni_Da
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Keoni_Da » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:12 pm

This is my boy Zer0's enclosure, I believe it is a 55 gal. Its temporary for now, I've got plans on building a 4x2x2 pvc enclosure with tons of little goodies to go with.
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Y33T » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Third update:

Super Reptile Vivarium 120x50x40cm
60w basking light
Exo Terra UVB100 T8 24”
Garden Essentials sugar cane mulch

Currently housing an eastern.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
gunkle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby gunkle » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:10 am

Just added the springtails and friends. Need to get some plants. Cage is 4'X2'X18". Finished it about 2 weeks ago. Temp gradiant of 95 to about 80 and humidity range from 85% to 50%. Big swings from side to side. I may need to block some of the air holes I made to help even it out.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”