We're doing good! Still a little huffy, but we're working on that. I've been good, letting him hang out in his tank, talking to him, giving him pets and hand feeding him treats (if he doesn't miss and grab a finger! They have TERRIBLE aim, don't they??) He shed very well, he looks gorgeous.
Humidity is staying at about 50%, that's probably too high for a northern, right? I have him on coconut fiber because it doesn't go everywhere and get stuck on everything like Aspen, but I feel like I may have to do a 50/50 to get the humidity down if it's too high... Any other suggestions? I think the humidity may drop off once we get into the true summer around here, it's been raining non-stop. I love that coconut fiber. I've pulled off the whole top, (I don't have any kids/cats or anything that will pester him.)
Update on my new man!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Update on my new man!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
starscream3232
- SuperNerd

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm
- Country:
- Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: Update on my new man!
The humidity is fine. Northerns are just way more tolerant of low humidity compared to indos. Their natural range can get high humidity.
Greg
10.9.5 T.s. Intermedia Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0 T.s.s. NSW Eastern Blue Tongue Skink
3.2.7 H. gerrardii Pink tongued skink
1.1 T. nigrolutea Blotched blue tongue
0.0.1 T. Gigas evanescens merauke blue tongue
https://m.facebook.com/ribluetonguesskinks/
10.9.5 T.s. Intermedia Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0 T.s.s. NSW Eastern Blue Tongue Skink
3.2.7 H. gerrardii Pink tongued skink
1.1 T. nigrolutea Blotched blue tongue
0.0.1 T. Gigas evanescens merauke blue tongue
https://m.facebook.com/ribluetonguesskinks/
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Update on my new man!
Whew, thanks. Every time I look at his tank I get nervous. Glad to hear it 
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Update on my new man!
You are doing fantastic.
Glad you're getting to know each other. Some will always huff when touched, so don't take it personally
Glad you're getting to know each other. Some will always huff when touched, so don't take it personally
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Update on my new man!
I believe that we will work it out. We really are getting to know each other- for instance, he is most definitely not a morning skinky. I get huffed at a few times just for turning on the lights! Almost as bad as I am without coffee 
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
- splashy07
- ADMIN

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
- Country: USA
- Location: Farmingdale,LI,NY
Re: Update on my new man!
He's awesome! And I like your substrate. Was contemplating switching to similar for my own northerns as what I'm using now makes too much dust, and I have horrific allergies. Going to try the next time I do a complete take-down! Best of luck with that beauty!
- alichamp
- Moderator

- Posts: 749
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:50 pm
- Country: Australia
- Location: NSW
Re: Update on my new man!
So glad everything's going great!
He DOES look awesome! Having that humidity might have helped him shed well, even though kept blotchies (like Northerns) don't need high humidity generally I give mine a misting in his tank for the week or so around shed time and it seems to help. I use to have to help him out with a soak and rub off the tricky left behind sheds: tip of tail, feet and top of head. But I haven't had to help shed with bathing since starting the misting (tho granted I think sub-adult size helps too).
He DOES look awesome! Having that humidity might have helped him shed well, even though kept blotchies (like Northerns) don't need high humidity generally I give mine a misting in his tank for the week or so around shed time and it seems to help. I use to have to help him out with a soak and rub off the tricky left behind sheds: tip of tail, feet and top of head. But I haven't had to help shed with bathing since starting the misting (tho granted I think sub-adult size helps too).
- NickBrahz
- The Undecider

- Posts: 858
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 pm
- Country: Australia
- Location: Sydney
Re: Update on my new man!
Great looking bub you got there, great to hear him settling down a bit, it is so fun and dangerous at the same time to hand feed them treats ain't it.
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Update on my new man!
Yep! The second picture tells all!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 271 guests
