So excited...!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
So excited...!
So, lately, I've been driving my friends and family crazy with all of my skink talk, but I'm bout to burst with excitement! I've been googling, asking questions and just generally been annoying, so I'll bug you guys instead! I had planned on waiting a little longer and getting a baby northern, but as fate would have it, an old aquantence of mine had a good looking little man that she just doesn't have the time for anymore! Would you believe it! So, I may be having a very good weekend...!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- alichamp
- Moderator

- Posts: 749
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:50 pm
- Country: Australia
- Location: NSW
Re: So excited...!
Whoop whoop! Awesome, keep us updated
(this place is a good outlet!)
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: So excited...!
Yup, yup; updates and pictures we require.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
-
starscream3232
- SuperNerd

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm
- Country:
- Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: So excited...!
Nice find!! Great looking northern. Keep us posted.
Greg
10.9.5 T.s. Intermedia Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0 T.s.s. NSW Eastern Blue Tongue Skink
3.2.7 H. gerrardii Pink tongued skink
1.1 T. nigrolutea Blotched blue tongue
0.0.1 T. Gigas evanescens merauke blue tongue
https://m.facebook.com/ribluetonguesskinks/
10.9.5 T.s. Intermedia Northern Blue Tongue Skink
1.0 T.s.s. NSW Eastern Blue Tongue Skink
3.2.7 H. gerrardii Pink tongued skink
1.1 T. nigrolutea Blotched blue tongue
0.0.1 T. Gigas evanescens merauke blue tongue
https://m.facebook.com/ribluetonguesskinks/
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: So excited...!
Went and picked him up...! Love at first sight really is a thing, if you were wondering... I have a lot of work to do to get him settled in, and he is so nervous right now. I'm going to have to give him a chance to calm down fow a while, but so far, he's been nothing but an absolute doll! Not a huff out of him!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- ETNJ
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: NJ
Re: So excited...!
Great pick up, definitely update us with more photos when he settles in.
1.0.3 Tiliqua scincoides intermedia
0.0.1 Hemisphaeriodon gerrardii
0.0.1 Hemisphaeriodon gerrardii
- aaronhouts
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:25 am
- Country: USA
- Location: Florida
Re: So excited...!
Great job and congrats!
Let the fun begin!
Let the fun begin!
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: So excited...!
My stars, he's HUGE! Of course, because I'm snapping a million pictures, hes in shed. I'm fair certain they were right when "he" was declared a "he," he has a suspicious pair of what i can only guess are man-bumps on the underside of his tail! Once we got home and warmed up good, he spent the evening exploring his slightly dumpy new digs. Huh, you'd think this crazy lady was making a lizard apartment for a shrimp, not the MASSIVE MAN she got! Oh well, I'll have to do some quick and clever shopping tomorrow! Oops! At least I scrounged up a great big tank for him!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- blotchey
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:48 pm
- Country:
- Location: Victoria Aus
Re: So excited...!
He's gorgeous. How long is he? about 40cm?
What a great find for you.
What a great find for you.
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: So excited...!
Well, if I had a measuring tape, I'd tell you how long he is, but that is one thing that I either don't have or is so deep in the junk drawer that its almost in a different plane of reality o.O
I believe I have the hard part of the tank squared away, my temps and humidity are exactly what the detailed care sheet recommends. Temp in the basking spot is 96* and humidity is at 32~ on the basking side. Those indoor/outdoor temp/humidity gauges are AWESOME. Also picked up a little timer, but I've never had good luck with those so I splurged a little bit there, I really hope this one works well. Next on my list is to get some better "furniture" for the big guy! I'm off to try my hand at lizard cooking!!
I believe I have the hard part of the tank squared away, my temps and humidity are exactly what the detailed care sheet recommends. Temp in the basking spot is 96* and humidity is at 32~ on the basking side. Those indoor/outdoor temp/humidity gauges are AWESOME. Also picked up a little timer, but I've never had good luck with those so I splurged a little bit there, I really hope this one works well. Next on my list is to get some better "furniture" for the big guy! I'm off to try my hand at lizard cooking!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: So excited...!
Meeper wrote:I'm off to try my hand at lizard cooking!!
...please don't cook your lizard!
Just kidding. I know what you mean.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: So excited...!
We're getting along 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Meeper
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: So excited...!
The past few days, I've been trying really hard not to pester him, and for good reason- he has been a little grumpy and huffy, and off his food. Well, shedding is HARD!! He ate a big chunk of banana a few days ago and has been very busy shedding away!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 315 guests
