Page 1 of 1

Cage Safe Plants

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 am
by Squeeji
I tried searching the topic but didn't find any great threads (though the search function hasn't worked too well for me as of late). I was hoping to add some live plants to my halmahera bts enclosure to help with humidity, give some cover and spruce things up a bit.

But I also don't want to kill the bugger or pick any plants that wouldn't survive the heat/humidity of the enclosure. Help? Suggestions/grievances? I've made vivariums before, but never with live animals in mind.

Re: Cage Safe Plants

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:22 pm
by Susann
Keep in mind that I have no idea if there are any plants on this list that aren't safe for BTS specifically, but here's one list of plants that are safe for lizards in general; it may be a place to start...?
http://www.lllreptile.com/articles/2-li ... -terrarium

Re: Cage Safe Plants

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 pm
by kitas22
I'm setting up a live tank for my blotchie on Wednesday. I've got a whole bunch of succulents since they can survive heat. I am really exited to do it, I would of done it already except we are moving in a couple of days. They are safe for reptiles. :D