Page 1 of 1

Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:55 pm
by jgodman1011
It reads 96% grain free real chicken dog food. He finally ate a little too. I hope I got the right kind! Thanks.

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:58 pm
by Scincoides
I use that brand very heavily here, its a great product. Beef/Bison and Pork are the varieties that I use most.

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:21 pm
by jgodman1011
I got a chicken one and a beef one. I'll try those too since he seemed to be eating it. Thanks!!

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:34 pm
by Marimo
I tend to rotate between the pork, beef, and beef/lamb/bison combo just for varieties sake. Merrick was recently bought my the same company that owns Purina (Nestle) so the foods, especially dry, are going to see a drop in quality to cut costs; but it shouldn't matter for BTS. Dogs are a different story!

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:24 pm
by Jbolar
Main food source here in this house for all my skinks, so far fantastic results.

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:28 am
by jgodman1011
how often should i feed an adult? I adopted him sunday and he's eaten once so far. I plan to change his tank to a bigger one this weekend and will feed him again, but just wondering how often you feed them regularly. The first 2 nights he wouldn't eat anyway i'm sure cause he was stressed.

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:39 am
by Susann

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:09 pm
by Saber
Merrick WAS a good brand, but sadly they have let themselves be purchased by Nestle-Purina very recently. I imagine there won't be any changes right away but I'd suggest keeping an eye out for changes, recalls, etc. if you continue to use them. I really liked their products but I really don't want to give money to Nestle and don't really trust them so I will be moving on from Merrick. :(

Re: Is Merrick a good brand?

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:45 pm
by Scincoides
Thanks for the info Saber, ill look into that. Maybe its time to start using Wellness over here.