Page 1 of 1

Funny story

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:36 am
by Ruvik
So my little Halmaera Blue Tongue Skink is only about 95 grams and 11 inches but she is a rather interesting little one. I normally take her out every day and cuddle her, feed her, and bring her outside to get some natural light. Yesterday I took her out like normal. Normally when she is sitting on top of her hide that means she is really hungry. So I took her out and set her on my bed. I was texting on my phone not really paying attention when I felt someone funny on one of my little toes on my food. Then.. all of a sudden out of no where came a sharp pain. I look down and my little one is trying to eat my freakin toe. After she let go I picked her up. I couldn't even fuss at her because I was laughing too much. Now I have a bite mark on my toe that just makes me smile when i see it. She's never bitten me before, but I think it was because just the day before I gave her a small pinkie mouse to eat and she loved it. It was her first little mouse so I am going to assume she thought my toe was a little pinkie mouse. I've just about learned my lesson too. Never ignore a hungry skink for your cell phone.

Image

Re: Funny story

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:02 am
by Ray Gurgui
Ha ha ! Good lesson, fingers and toes look like pinky mice. Always watch your skink, tasting everything is how they learn.

Re: Funny story

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:51 pm
by Angcious
Lol, that's so funny! I've learned to be careful about letting them near my feet when I'm wearing metallic nail polish, it's so tempting to my bearded as well! Fortunately my older skink knows better now but I still catch him glancing at my toe, knowing the thought crossed his mind lol.

Re: Funny story

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 pm
by Dakota
There was this one time...

I was sitting criss-cross, and had Virginia out, letting her roam. She decided she wanted to go under my legs and skink around there. Next thing I know she is trying to take a chunk out of you know what! Thankfully I caught her in time, and I should still be fertile.

Maybe a little TMI? :) I thought it was funny, anyways, now that I think back about it. It could have ended badly. Those snail crushing jaws. Yikes.

Re: Funny story

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:59 am
by Lauriek
Oh Dakota, I've just fallen about with laughter ... :lol: :lol: