Page 1 of 1

Dog food brand Yarrah

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm
by MissDigger
Hi everyone,

I got a question regarding dog food. All the brands that are mentioned here are not available in the Netherlands except for pedigree. After all i read, i don't want to use pedigree. My question to you is, does this look ok to use or is there something u think that's not good as a ingredient.

DOG FOOD CHUNKS CHICKEN & VEGETABLES WITH CICHORY
Composition: 46% meat* and animal derivates* (chicken* 35%), vegetables* (8% from dried green peas* and carrots*), eggs* and egg derivatives*, derivatives of vegetable origin (1% from dried Cichory), minerals

I also found aloe vera version with turkey Paté.

Composition: 51% meat and animal derivatives* (turkey 4%), oils and fats* (sunflower oil*), derivatives of vegetable origine* (aloe vera 1,5%), minerals

Can't find anything about aloe vera so i thought i ask it here before i make stupid mistake.

Many thanks for helping out.

Re: Dog food brand Yarrah

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:57 pm
by Susann
It's very hard to say from the very few items listed there how good the quality is, but so far I haven't seen anything that throws up a red flag... If the aloe vera content is only 1,5% I don't think I'd be too worried.

I'm assuming you've looked at the lists of foods in the Food Chart? http://bluetongueskinks.net/foodchart.html
As long as you stay away from the "Never Feed" items, you should be OK with feeding most types of dog foods :)

Re: Dog food brand Yarrah

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 pm
by MissDigger
These are the only ingredients on the packaging and as its a special diet dog food i asume there the only ingredients in them. I do think the chicken version is beter then the turkey because of the oils and fats in the turkey. At least thats what intend to go for.