Leg/tail/walk problems (video)
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 am
As I mentioned in previous posts, I have this new baby. I didn't even notice until after I had her a few days that her walk is off. When she's just slowly moving around in her cage or is walking around on you, you won't notice it as much. But when she's out on the floor or bed you'll notice it.
When she went to the vet, I don't think he saw it. So I just explained what I see and he basically told me that she was underweight and probably needed to just get stronger and to keep up with good calcium, uvb and exercise and she'll be alright, that there didn't seem to be any major problems.
Originally, it just seemed like the bottom half of her just wasn't able to be held up on her back legs. Kind of reminded me of the way some german shephard dogs look, where their back legs are lower than their front legs.
But, I've had her for more than 2 weeks, she seemed to be getting stronger and coming along well. Last night she did a full shed and right before I took this video, I had given her a bath to get rid of most of the shed. Anyway, she was doing something weird. Right at the base of the tail before it meets the body, she had it crooked for a few mins and would walk with the tail lifted. I thought she was going to go to the bathroom but she didn't. At one point, she even moved her head to her tail like she was trying to see what was bothering her. Then when she walked, her right back leg was more limp at times. She never did this before, acting like one particular leg was bothering her. But I think it was the base of the tail that was the problem. My son suggested maybe there was some shed still stuck around there but I didn't see any.
Should I take her back to the vet? Do you have any idea what's going on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2xP5gFBsqk&feature=youtu.be
When she went to the vet, I don't think he saw it. So I just explained what I see and he basically told me that she was underweight and probably needed to just get stronger and to keep up with good calcium, uvb and exercise and she'll be alright, that there didn't seem to be any major problems.
Originally, it just seemed like the bottom half of her just wasn't able to be held up on her back legs. Kind of reminded me of the way some german shephard dogs look, where their back legs are lower than their front legs.
But, I've had her for more than 2 weeks, she seemed to be getting stronger and coming along well. Last night she did a full shed and right before I took this video, I had given her a bath to get rid of most of the shed. Anyway, she was doing something weird. Right at the base of the tail before it meets the body, she had it crooked for a few mins and would walk with the tail lifted. I thought she was going to go to the bathroom but she didn't. At one point, she even moved her head to her tail like she was trying to see what was bothering her. Then when she walked, her right back leg was more limp at times. She never did this before, acting like one particular leg was bothering her. But I think it was the base of the tail that was the problem. My son suggested maybe there was some shed still stuck around there but I didn't see any.
Should I take her back to the vet? Do you have any idea what's going on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2xP5gFBsqk&feature=youtu.be
