New to blueys
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:44 pm
Hi everyone!
Well as in the title I am new to blue tongue skinks and I just had a few questions. I do not have to blue tongue skink yet but I plan to get it in the next week but I wanted to get my tank set up in a bit. First off I was just wondering how long a bluey could last in a 20 gallon long. I dont intend to keep it (hopefully her) in it for longer than maybe a few months because I need to buy another 40 gallon breeder for it because the one I currently own houses my leopard geckos. Anyway I also wanted to put it on fir bark and was hoping that is an okay substrate for babies/juvis as I am meh with aspen and reptibark would probably be better for the humidity. Has anyone also fed blue tongues pinkies because I have some leftover and thought it would be a nice treat (YES I KNOW THEY ARE AS I SAID, TREATS). Also any advice you could give to a newbie and especially for one getting a baby. I have done PLENTY of research im just asking for advice because I believe there are just some things you dont learn from a care sheet.
Sincerely, George
Well as in the title I am new to blue tongue skinks and I just had a few questions. I do not have to blue tongue skink yet but I plan to get it in the next week but I wanted to get my tank set up in a bit. First off I was just wondering how long a bluey could last in a 20 gallon long. I dont intend to keep it (hopefully her) in it for longer than maybe a few months because I need to buy another 40 gallon breeder for it because the one I currently own houses my leopard geckos. Anyway I also wanted to put it on fir bark and was hoping that is an okay substrate for babies/juvis as I am meh with aspen and reptibark would probably be better for the humidity. Has anyone also fed blue tongues pinkies because I have some leftover and thought it would be a nice treat (YES I KNOW THEY ARE AS I SAID, TREATS). Also any advice you could give to a newbie and especially for one getting a baby. I have done PLENTY of research im just asking for advice because I believe there are just some things you dont learn from a care sheet.
Sincerely, George