Page 1 of 1

Slater the Skink

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:17 am
by mitchell.a.88
Hello all! My name is Mitchell and I just got my first BTS! Well, I got the little one on Monday and so far so good! He spends most of his time hiding but I really don't mind (I have a salamander that mostly just burrows into the substrate, I'm used to it). I have taken him out about once a day and he huffs and acts tough but calms down almost immediately. He's eating well although I am not quite great at making him sensible portions. I'm going to make a big batch of food tomorrow though and freeze it. Other than that I haven't had any issues, and have really enjoyed my bluey! Points to anyone who knows where this little one came from ;)

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:17 am
by Dakota
The Merauke Mama! ;)

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:46 pm
by mitchell.a.88
Yep! From Xyla's litter! Turns out I was looking for a BTS breeder and she ended up being about an hour away!

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:02 am
by Susann
Hahaha! And how did I KNOW Dakota would be the one to answer! :wink:

I'm glad little Slater is doing well. He's looking good! :D

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:40 pm
by alichamp
Looks gorgeous! Great to see him chomping down on the green stuff :D

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:45 am
by Snowysmom
Ha, ha. I just saw the little Merauke and knew exactly that pattern on his back was one from the Merauke Mama. What an adorable bub.

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:32 pm
by mitchell.a.88
Wow! I feel extremely lucky now! It seems like Susann has quite the reputation!

As for little Slater he is settling in very well. He eats, he burrows, he basks, he huffs. It's been very fun to have him around.

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm
by Susann
Aaaaw! Sounds like both you and Slater are doing everything just right then. :thumbs:

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 pm
by alichamp
Yes you are extremely lucky to have one of Susann's bubs! I'm jealous and I'm all the way over in Australia!

Re: Slater the Skink

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:47 pm
by NickBrahz
Everytime i see this thread i just start to sing "He was a slater boy and she said see you later boy"
Anyways Avril Lavigne aside it's a very beautiful skink, i love how shocked he looks in the eating picture like "Oh no i've been caught eating if i freeze the big man can't see me"