Page 1 of 1

Potential New BTS Pair

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:31 pm
by carraig
A local guy is offering his pair to me. Supposedly proven Irian Jayas (no pics to prove it, hence supposedly).

I don't know enough about BTS yet to definitely identify subspecies to know if IJ is accurate. They almost don't look like the same ssp to me. Also, the blunt tail looks like there may be health issues.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-C

femaleIJ.jpg

20150516_221823.jpeg

Re: Potential New BTS Pair

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:50 pm
by Susann
They do both appear to be IJ's, albeit different looking ones. I'm not seeing anything obvious that looks like a health issue. I can't speak to the sex. The supposed female is beautiful!

Re: Potential New BTS Pair

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:24 pm
by Dakota
Yeah, both are Irian Jaya. Very different looking ones, but never the less the same.