Page 1 of 1

My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:14 pm
by Susann
Two weeks ago one of my female Meraukes, Rosy, gave birth to a whopping litter of 13. :shock: !!!
One baby was stillborn and I was unsuccessful in reviving it. Unfortunately four others passed away in the first week; this is the first time out of four years of breeding that I've had perfectly healthy looking babies pass away without a clear reason. The stillborn was perfect and big, and so were three of the others, the fourth was a tiny reduced pattern runt that was very lethargic from birth.

Because of the high number of losses, and also having people on a waiting list from last year waiting to claim babies, I wasn't ready to announce the birth of this litter before. Even though several are still very slow eaters I'm hoping we're out of the woods for having more pass away :pray: , but unfortunately all eight survivors are spoken for at this time, so I do not have any available for sale. Should that change I will of course start by offering available ones up for sale here in the classifieds, so if you'd like to be made aware if/when that happens, comment on this thread and have your settings set to notify you when new posts are made, as I will first make a post right here announcing impending post to Classifieds. At this time I'm very busy with various other undertakings, and can not guarantee that I will keep track of PM's nor have time to answer all. :( I apologize.

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG


IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:57 pm
by wermy
They're all so beautiful! Mumma's rosy blush hue is so apt. I'm sorry you lost those little ones, they do look so normal and healthy.

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:22 pm
by StaceyLeigh
Congrats on the beautiful litter! So sorry for the loss of those few, strange how this happens sometimes?

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 am
by Snowysmom
Hi Susann. Congrats on those beautiful babies and I am also very sorry about the ones that passed away.

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 am
by Susann
Thank you everybody.
I still have two that are very slow eaters, the little tykes are worrying me constantly; I have to hand-feed both to get them to eat anything.
The other six are doing magnificent though! Such sweet little porkers :D

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:16 am
by NickBrahz
Sorry to hear that another 5 passed on, hopfully those 2 will soldier through it i would be a nervous Nelly about them aswell if i was in your shoes, good to hear that at least 6 are going healthy and being piggies.

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:25 am
by splashy07
aaww Congratulations on your little ones and sooooo sorry for the losses. I would probably have been carted off to a rubber room in a state sanitarium so I totally get your nervousness. Praying for the rest, looking good! My God, I'd need a month off and probably get fired from my job....

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm
by AndyS
Wow what emotional roller coaster for you. You should feel proud to have successfully bred them again, but I can imagine how devastated you are that some have not made it.

Hang in there, we all know you are giving them amazing care and doing everything you can. You probably literally have hundreds if not thousands of us rooting for you and the babies.

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:35 am
by tcopitho
AndyS wrote:Hang in there, we all know you are giving them amazing care and doing everything you can. You probably literally have hundreds if not thousands of us rooting for you and the babies.

100% :thumbs:

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:48 pm
by kl
The babies and mother are beautiful.

KL