My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby Susann » Fri May 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Two weeks ago one of my female Meraukes, Rosy, gave birth to a whopping litter of 13. :shock: !!!
One baby was stillborn and I was unsuccessful in reviving it. Unfortunately four others passed away in the first week; this is the first time out of four years of breeding that I've had perfectly healthy looking babies pass away without a clear reason. The stillborn was perfect and big, and so were three of the others, the fourth was a tiny reduced pattern runt that was very lethargic from birth.

Because of the high number of losses, and also having people on a waiting list from last year waiting to claim babies, I wasn't ready to announce the birth of this litter before. Even though several are still very slow eaters I'm hoping we're out of the woods for having more pass away :pray: , but unfortunately all eight survivors are spoken for at this time, so I do not have any available for sale. Should that change I will of course start by offering available ones up for sale here in the classifieds, so if you'd like to be made aware if/when that happens, comment on this thread and have your settings set to notify you when new posts are made, as I will first make a post right here announcing impending post to Classifieds. At this time I'm very busy with various other undertakings, and can not guarantee that I will keep track of PM's nor have time to answer all. :( I apologize.

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG


IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
wermy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 pm
Country:
Location: Newzealand

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby wermy » Fri May 15, 2015 8:57 pm

They're all so beautiful! Mumma's rosy blush hue is so apt. I'm sorry you lost those little ones, they do look so normal and healthy.
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby StaceyLeigh » Sat May 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Congrats on the beautiful litter! So sorry for the loss of those few, strange how this happens sometimes?
Snowysmom
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:39 am
Country:
Location: Massachusetts, United States

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby Snowysmom » Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 am

Hi Susann. Congrats on those beautiful babies and I am also very sorry about the ones that passed away.
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby Susann » Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 am

Thank you everybody.
I still have two that are very slow eaters, the little tykes are worrying me constantly; I have to hand-feed both to get them to eat anything.
The other six are doing magnificent though! Such sweet little porkers :D
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
NickBrahz
The Undecider
The Undecider
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 pm
Country: Australia
Location: Sydney

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby NickBrahz » Wed May 20, 2015 9:16 am

Sorry to hear that another 5 passed on, hopfully those 2 will soldier through it i would be a nervous Nelly about them aswell if i was in your shoes, good to hear that at least 6 are going healthy and being piggies.
User avatar
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
Country: USA
Location: Farmingdale,LI,NY

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby splashy07 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:25 am

aaww Congratulations on your little ones and sooooo sorry for the losses. I would probably have been carted off to a rubber room in a state sanitarium so I totally get your nervousness. Praying for the rest, looking good! My God, I'd need a month off and probably get fired from my job....
AndyS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:02 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby AndyS » Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Wow what emotional roller coaster for you. You should feel proud to have successfully bred them again, but I can imagine how devastated you are that some have not made it.

Hang in there, we all know you are giving them amazing care and doing everything you can. You probably literally have hundreds if not thousands of us rooting for you and the babies.
User avatar
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:53 pm
Country: Canada
Location: BritishColumbia

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby tcopitho » Thu May 21, 2015 8:35 am

AndyS wrote:Hang in there, we all know you are giving them amazing care and doing everything you can. You probably literally have hundreds if not thousands of us rooting for you and the babies.

100% :thumbs:
kl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Country:
Location: Massachusetts

Re: My CBB female Merauke, Rosy.

Postby kl » Thu May 21, 2015 6:48 pm

The babies and mother are beautiful.

KL

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 305 guests