Page 1 of 1
hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:15 pm
by Kellyjonathan1013
Hi all,
I'm wondering if there is anyone that knows where to get a hypermelanistic blue tongue skink? I know it will be expensive but price is no issue. Thanks
Re: hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:22 pm
by MattFab
Are they available in the USA? I guess it makes sense they would be but down here they run $500-500 AUD usually.
Re: hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:27 pm
by Susann
I've heard rumors that someone may own some, but to my knowledge none have been available for sale.
Re: hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:52 pm
by Dakota
Susann wrote:I've heard rumors that someone may own some, but to my knowledge none have been available for sale.
Not a rumor.
http://roussisreptiles.com/collection/b ... ue-skinks/I believe he has successfully bred them, but I'm not sure. He is likely going to do what he did with the axanthics - hoard them, and release them all at once.
Re: hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:00 pm
by starscream3232
Saw some on fauna classifieds the other day. They are in the UK.
Re: hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:49 am
by Cherbear
The ones in the UK are about 14k for the visual and het pair.
If you're willing to risk such expensive animals and have them imported, they are an option and most likely the only option for a while.
Re: hypermelanistic blue tongue skink
Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:32 pm
by SeanUK
I have 1 pair available to serious interest