Page 1 of 1

Water bowl-risk for baby?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:52 am
by AndyS
I am preparing an enclosure for a baby Merauke BTS and have a question about the water bowl. I bought a large glass baking dish to allow it the option of soaking as well as to assist with humidity. My question though is as a baby do you have to make sure there is a ramp or rocks in it to make sure the BTS doesn't get stuck and can't get out? Also can you put enough water in to make it deep enough to submerge themselves, or should it be kept shallow to reduce risk of drowning?
If you do use something to assist them getting out, what have you used?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Re: Water bowl-risk for baby?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:57 am
by NickBrahz
I keep mine large and shallow so there is no risk of mine ever drowning, my dishes are kept at 1-2cm deep, i have personally never seen any of mine use it to bath in only walk through it to get to something and drink otu of

Re: Water bowl-risk for baby?

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:13 am
by splashy07
Hi! When mine were little I used a smaller water dish, say about an inch or so deep so they would have no trouble climbing out of there should they decide to take a dip. All adults now, I use a larger one, enough so that they can soak in there should they desire to. I've seen them doing it from time to time, and an occasional poop in there so I know they use it for all sorts of reasons! Enjoy your new baby, unfortunately they are babies for a very short time!